Good food. Good God. Let's eat.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

º Chicboy º

Eating at Chicboy (in short for: Chicken & Baboy)at 112 Jupiter St., Bel-Air, Makati felt like I was back in Cebu again. Hearing that they offered Cebu liempo made me go gaga and stuck on a Wednesday morning traffic made me want it so badly. It was nearly fatal. I felt like a 5 year old kid begging her mother to buy her candies, only this time I’m 20ish longing for Liempo. Finding a quality and “perfect” Lechon Cebu in Manila seem rare, nothing can compare to that very tender and the right amount of saltiness you’d find in Lechon Cebu, in fact, even Anthony Bourdain agrees!

The place had an al fresco dining and an enclosed area, it looked similar to Mang Inasal (Jupiter St.). They had that unlimited rice and offered Chicken Inasal as well. But I knew what I came there for: 1 whole Lechon liempo (P 155.00), plain rice (P 10.00), “Siningang na Salmon” ( P49.00), with bottomless iced tea ( P 25.00). Serving time? 15 minutes. Now for the taste test…

One word: PUUUR-FECTION. Their Lechon liempo was quite big and may be able to serve 2-3 persons. And their sinigang na salmon wasn’t a disappointment as well. The fish was well cooked and it had that “asim” from the mashed tomato. And in addition to that, pour some of that chicken oil and garlic bits on your rice. Very Filipino, so scrumptious!

Don’t let the name fool you, "Great food...fast!".

Check out their website :)

5 comments:

  1. Great blog!
    Im glad you weren't disappointed!
    Chicboy rocks!!!=D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! I was in fact very happy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.

    one whole cebu liempo just for you?
    i'm in awe...

    but lami talaga eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Not the whole Cebu Liempo, thank God I had company :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really find their lechon meal really sulit! Super cheap and the unlimited rice pa! Their vinegar also has a peculiar taste

    ReplyDelete